Attendant Care—Veterans' Independence Programme
Attendant Care supports you at home if you have Qualifying Service.
You may be able to get this if you:
- have Qualifying Service, and
- are assessed as needing it to stay independent in your home.
This may be able to give you short-term attendant care such as personal hygiene, bill paying, feeding, and basic foot care including nail clipping.
This does not cover 24-hour attendant care.
This support is provided as part of the Veterans' Independence Programme.
Contact us to have a needs assessment for the Veterans' Independence Programme. This will include an assessment of Attendant Care under the Veterans' Independence Programme.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.