Medical Alarms—Veterans' Independence Programme
Medical alarms are able to get you help quickly.
You may be able to get this if:
- you have Qualifying Service, and
- you need a medical alarm.
Features of the alarm include:
- GPS—if you require assistance outside of your home ADT Medical Alarms will be able to locate you
- fall detection
- inbuilt two-way communication with the ADT Medical Alarms service centre
- a wireless charging pad—no need to plug in the alarm, just place it on the charging pad
- low battery alert—if the alarm is running low ADT Medical Alarms will call you to remind you to charge it.
We partner with ADT Medical Alarms High-Level Monitoring to issue portable medical alarms. ADT Medical Alarms guarantees a response to any emergency activation within 60 seconds.
This support is provided as part of the Veterans' Independence Programme.
Contact us to have a needs assessment for the Veterans' Independence Programme. This will include an assessment for Travel Allowance.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
Once you have been issued with an alarm, you can contact ADT directly about any issues related to your alarm. You can contact them 24 hours 7 days a week by:
- visiting their website https://www.adtsecurity.co.nz/contact(external link)
- using your alarm
- phone on 0800 111 238(external link).
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.