We have taken reasonable measures to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information on this website.
Changes to this website
We may change or delete information on this website at any time without notice.
Other websites that we link to
Our website makes reference to other websites for convenience. We do not accept any liability for those websites' accuracy, content, or availability.
Referencing another website does not constitute an endorsement by us.
No need to disclose personal information
You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
Statistical information and cookies
We may collect statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve it.
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website.
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first 3 parts of the IP address of your device
- the pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited this website
- the referring site, if any, through which you clicked through to this website
- the operating system, for example, Windows 11 or Mac OS X on your device
- the type of web browser you used, for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information, such as screen resolution and the language setting you used.
You may choose to not have Google Analytics collect your information by disabling cookies in your browser, or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on(external link)
How Google uses data when you use their partners’ sites or apps(external link)
We use Hotjar's analysis tools, including heatmaps and polls, to better understand our website visitors and collect user feedback.
- device IP address
- device screen size and type
- browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display our website.
You can choose to not have Hotjar collect your information by visiting Hotjar's opt-out page or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
Opt-out of Hotjar on this browser(external link)
We use Campaign Monitor, a dedicated e-newsletter communication tool, to manage and distribute email newsletters. Campaign Monitor collects information to help us monitor the effectiveness of these newsletters, including:
- the number and email addresses of subscribers that have, or have not, opened an email
- which email client was used to open the email — for example, account Gmail, Outlook or Hotmail
- the geographic location where an email was opened
- the number of emails that bounced and weren’t successfully delivered
- if a newsletter was shared by email, Facebook or Twitter
- which links are clicked on in an email.
We use Google reCAPTCHA to protect our website from automated attacks and spam.
Google reCAPTCHA terms of service(external link)
This website has Crown copyright protection.
You can re-use our content under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence. When re-using our content, it must not be changed or used in a derogatory manner. You also cannot use it to mislead people. If you do use our content, then you must show the source and copyright status of that content.
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence(external link)
Linking to our website
It’s not in our interest — or that of the public — to have uncontrolled versions of our information elsewhere on the internet. Where possible, we encourage other websites to link to our website.
When you link to our website you:
- must not present the Veterans' Affairs website in a frame on your website
- must not misrepresent your relationship to Veterans' Affairs
- should only link to main pages, as we cannot guarantee the reliability of other links.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright-protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
The copyright for the image related to non-military personnel on our 'Get support' page is held by Michael Shackleton.
Michael Shackleton, Operation Vietnam: A New Zealand Surgical First, University of Otago Press, 2004(external link)
Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981
The following content is protected by law:
- the New Zealand Government logo
- the New Zealand Coat of Arms
- other logos
- emblems, and
You must not use this content without permission and following relevant legislation.