This website is owned by Veterans' Affairs New Zealand, a business unit of the New Zealand Defence Force. It is available to provide information to the public about entitlements, services and support Veterans' Affairs provides to veterans and their families.
We have taken reasonable measures to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information.
Changes to this website
We may change or delete information on this website at any time without notice.
Other websites that we link to
Our website makes reference to other websites for convenience. We do not accept any liability for those websites' accuracy, content, or availability.
Referencing another website does not constitute an endorsement by us.
No need to disclose personal information
You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
Please don't send us sensitive personal information through our website. Instead, email us directly.
Statistical information and cookies
We collect statistical information about your visit. We use this information to help us improve our website.
The information we collect includes:
- your IP address
- the date and time you visit our site
- the site that directed you to our website — if any
- your behaviour on our site — including the pages you visit, where you click, the search terms you use, and how long you spend on each page
- your operating system — for example Windows or Mac
- the type of web browser you use — such as Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
This website has Crown copyright protection.
You can re-use our content under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence. When re-using our content it must not be changed or used in a derogatory manner. You also cannot use it to mislead people. If you do use our content then you must show the source and copyright status of that content.
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence(external link)
Linking to our website
It’s not in our interest — or that of the public — to have uncontrolled versions of our information elsewhere on the internet. Where possible we encourage other websites to link to our website.
When you link to our website you:
- must not present the Veterans' Affairs website in a frame on your website
- must not misrepresent your relationship to Veterans' Affairs
- should only link to main pages, as we cannot guarantee the reliability of other links.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
The copyright for the image related to non-military personnel on our 'Get support' page is held by Michael Shackleton.
Michael Shackleton, Operation Vietnam: A New Zealand Surgical First, University of Otago Press, 2004(external link)
The following content is protected by law:
- the New Zealand Government logo
- the New Zealand Coat of Arms
- other logos
- emblems, and
You must not use this content without permission and following relevant legislation.