Treating our clients
Information for healthcare professionals providing treatment to our clients.
Treatment we'll cover
If you’re treating one of our clients for an accepted condition, we'll cover the cost of treatment.
Find out how we decide to accept a condition
If you're a healthcare provider outside of New Zealand, we'll fund the same type of treatment available in NZ. Please get in contact with us — how we work with you may be different.
Prior approval is not required for treatment for an accepted condition that is:
- a doctor's visit
- subsidised pharmaceuticals on the PHARMAC list, or
- diagnostic x-rays and scans up to $1,000.
We need to pre-approve:
- specialist treatment
- pharmaceuticals not on the PHARMAC list, and
- diagnostic x-rays and scans over $1,000.
Without pre-approval, we'll not pay or contribute towards these costs.
Treatment we'll not cover
We're not responsible for covering the cost of treatment if it is being covered by:
- the NZ Defence Force
- the public health system
We're also unable to cover treatment for a condition that we have not accepted as service-related.
- Treatment cards and letters
- Invoicing us
- Treating our clients
- Councils and local authorities