This is a payment to go towards paying for childcare.
Child Care payments will stop if:
- ACC can provide the payment—but we'll top up the payments if they pay you less than what we can
- the child has turned 14 years of age.
The Child Care payments will continue if the child:
- is older than 14, and
- has a physical or mental condition that needs childcare.
When considering whether to continue childcare payments, we will also take into account:
- whether the person caring for the child is employed
- whether the person caring for the child has a new spouse or partner
- the number of children the veteran has
- where the child or children live
- the accessibility of organised childcare
- other relevant circumstances of the family.
Child Care payment rates