We work in partnership with ACC and your local District Health Board.
In times of high need, we may be able to provide a top-up. This could include cover—for up to 6 weeks—for:
- personal care—such as help moving around
- help with cognitive tasks of daily living, such as communication, orientation, planning and task completion like being reminded to take your medicine
- protecting you from further harm in your ordinary environment
- assistance with washing and dressing
- help with eating and preparing meals
- funding for your spouse or normal carer to better help you
- topping up your care if it is already covered by another agency.
We don't cover:
- care for longer than 6 weeks—either ACC or your local District Health Board should provide this
- 24-hour attendant care.