Home Help—Social Rehabilitation

We may be able to support you in your home with services that provide support with household chores.

{{ controlText }}

Who can get this

You may be able to get this if:

  • you have Qualifying Service, and
  • your condition is related to your Qualifying Service

Qualifying Service explained

You may also be able to get this support for a non-service-related condition if:

  • it stops you working full time, and
  • you get Weekly Income Compensation.

Weekly Income Compensation

What you can get

This may be able to give you services that help with some household chores that you can no longer do.

The maximum amount of help for household chores is 2 hours a week. This support may be increased in certain circumstances.

Household chores may include:

  • kitchen cleaning
  • bathroom and toilet cleaning
  • floor cleaning
  • dusting
  • bed-making
  • rubbish disposal
  • laundry.
How to apply

You'll be assessed for this under Social Rehabilitation while applying for impairment.

You may still apply for it if you don't have Social Rehabilitation. You'll need to:

  1. complete the Apply for Treatment and Rehabilitation application form
  2. send the application form and any supporting information to us.

Treatment and Rehabilitation application form [PDF, 380 KB]

What happens next

After you apply we'll:

  1. contact you to confirm we've received your application
  2. start the decision-making process
  3. keep you informed on the status of your application.

If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.

How we make decisions

Find out more

Contact us for more information

We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the full policy.

Home Help-Social Rehabilitation policy [PDF, 332 KB]

Social Rehabilitation [PDF, 352 KB]