Home Help—Social Rehabilitation
We may be able to support you in your home with services that provide support with household chores.
You may be able to get this if:
- you have Qualifying Service, and
- your condition is related to your Qualifying Service
You may also be able to get this support for a non-service-related condition if:
- it stops you working full time, and
- you get Weekly Income Compensation.
The maximum amount of help for household chores is 2 hours a week. This support may be increased in exceptional circumstances.
Household chores may include:
- Cleaning kitchen surfaces
- bathroom and toilet cleaning including ensuite
- mopping floors
- vacuuming and dusting
- interior window washing (to a maximum height of two metres, using a small step ladder or chair)
We partner with Paramount Services to deliver home help to you.
You'll be assessed for this under Social Rehabilitation while applying for impairment.
You may still apply for it if you don't have Social Rehabilitation. You'll need to:
- complete the Apply for Treatment and Rehabilitation application form
- send the application form and any supporting information to us.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
If you receive Home Help through Paramount Servies, you can contact them directly.
- visit the Paramount Services website(external link)
- phone Paramount Servies at 0800 253 255.
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the full policy.
Home Help-Social Rehabilitation policy [PDF, 348 KB]