Other aids and appliances—Social Rehabilitation
We may fund aids and appliances if you need them.
You may be able to get this if:
- you have Qualifying Service, and
- your condition is related to your Qualifying Service
You may also be able to get this support for a non-service-related condition if:
- it stops you working full time, and
- you get Weekly Income Compensation.
We'll cover the cost of providing you with an aid or appliance that supports your rehabilitation.
We don't provide artificial implants unless they are implanted as part of a surgical procedure approved by us.
Replacement of an aid
Wear and tear
We'll replace the aid if it no longer works or fits because of age or condition.
Loss, neglect or theft
We won’t usually replace or repair an item after loss, theft, neglect or misuse. You should get insurance to cover your aids.
We don’t cover loss or damage during overseas travel. Get travel insurance for taking the item outside the country you live in.
You'll be assessed for this under Social Rehabilitation while applying for impairment.
You may still apply for it if you don't have Social Rehabilitation. You'll need to:
- complete the Apply for Treatment and Rehabilitation application form
- send the application form and any supporting information to us.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this is administered you can read the policy.