Skip to main content

​Training for Independence—Social Rehabilitation

We may be able to provide training to help you maximise participation in life.

{{ controlText }}

Who can get this

You may be able to get this if:

  • you have Qualifying Service, and
  • you have a condition related to your Qualifying Service.

Qualifying Service explained

You may also be able to get this support for a non-service-related condition if:

  • it stops you working full time, and
  • you get Weekly Income Compensation.

Weekly Income Compensation

What you can get

We may be able to support you with training or coaching for:

  • communicating with others
  • domestic activities
  • daily living
  • financial management
  • healthcare
  • hygiene
  • mobility
  • motivation
  • safety management
  • sexuality
  • use of transport
  • use of aids and appliances that have been provided.
How to apply

You'll be assessed for this under Social Rehabilitation while applying for impairment.

You may still apply for it if you don't have Social Rehabilitation. You'll need to:

  1. complete the Apply for Treatment and Rehabilitation application form
  2. send the application form and any supporting information to us.

Treatment and Rehabilitation application form [PDF, 671 KB]

What happens next

After you apply we'll:

  1. contact you to confirm we've received your application
  2. start the decision-making process
  3. keep you informed on the status of your application.

If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.

How we make decisions

Find out more

Contact us for more information

We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.

Training for Independence policy [PDF, 341 KB]

Social Rehabilitation [PDF, 352 KB]