Modifying a vehicle grant
Your vehicle may be modified so you can:
- get in and out and move freely and safely in it
- drive and operate it safely
- travel safely as a passenger
- take with you any mobility equipment you need.
New vehicle grant
You may be able to have a grant towards a new vehicle if it:
- is a more suitable option than other support, and
- closely fits your needs—we may look at what type you had before.
We take into account how much you have gotten if you sold a vehicle recently.
Retraining for a driver's licence
You may be able to retrain your driver's licence if you now need to drive a modified car.
Costs for travel
You may be able to have financial compensation for:
- public transport
- escorted travel in a vehicle.