Skip to main content

Support for families of those with service on Operation Grapple

We may be able to provide counselling if you're the family of someone who served on Operation Grapple.

These support options are in addition to what's provided to the families of those with Qualifying Service.

{{ controlText }}

Who can get this

You may be able to get support if you’re related to someone with qualifying operational service in Operation Grapple. You must be their:

  • spouse 
  • partner, or
  • child

Qualifying service explained

What you can get

We may be able to provide funding to access psychological counselling for the family of those with Qualifying Operational Service in Operation Grapple.

Family includes:

  • children, including whāngai, adopted children, stepchildren and grandchildren raised as the service person's children
  • spouse or partner, including ex-spouse or ex-partner.

Genetic counselling and genetic testing may also be available to children of those veterans with Operational Grapple service.

The child must be:

  • the natural-born child of the person that served on Operation Grapple, and
  • conceived after Operation Grapple service.
How to apply
Find out more

Contact us for more information

We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.

Services for Children of Viet Nam and Operation Grapple Veterans [PDF, 363 KB]