This is a one-off payment that recognises your loss of someone that died because of Qualifying Operational Service.
You may be able to get this if:
- someone has Qualifying Operational Service after 31 March 1974 outside of Viet Nam, and
- they died from a Qualifying Operational Service related injury or illness, and
- you are their spouse, partner, child, or dependant.
You may claim a one-time payment.
Survivor's Grant payment rates
If the deceased had more than one spouse or partner the grant will be split among them.
You may also be able to get Weekly Compensation for Family.
- Complete the Survivor's Grant application form.
- Send the application form and any supporting information to us.
You'll need to include evidence of your:
- relationship to the person with Qualifying Operational Service, and
- earnings if you're applying as a dependant.
Download the Survivor's Grant application form [PDF, 613 KB]
We recommend you also apply to ACC as well as us. If we're unable to accept your claim, you may qualify for ACC's Survivor's Grant. This support can be less than what we could pay you. If that happens we'll top up that payment to the same rate we would have given you.
We may top up your ACC Survivor's Grant equivalent if you also qualify for our Survivor's Grant. This also requires for the ACC Survivor's Grant equivalent being less than what we can do.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.