Some examples of military language being translated into 'civvy speak'.
Examples of specific terms translated into civilian language
|Military language||Civilian language|
|Commanding Officer||General Manager|
|Adjutant/Administration Officer||HR Advisor/Manager|
|Warrant Officer||Middle Management|
Examples of explaining military experience
Former Supply Technician applying for warehouse management role
- Significant experience in managing cost-effective inventory and materials control functions in a fast-paced, customer-facing organisation.
- Key skills in budget management, warehouse processes and stock control.
Former Mechanical Engineer applying for a project management role
- A proven background in project managing hydraulic systems engineering projects.
- Responsibilities included financial reporting, team coordination, auditing and technical review.
Former Military Police Officer applying for a security operations management role
- Highly experienced enforcement officer specialising in the establishment and enhancement of large-scale security systems.
- Key skills include strategic planning, logistics management and delivering key projects within strict deadlines and tight budgets.