Invictus 2020 applications open
Following the success of the 2018 Invictus Games, applications are being called for from current and former service men and women for the 2020 Invictus Games. Applications close 1 May 2019.
About the Invictus Games
The Invictus Games are an international sporting event for wounded, injured or ill current and former service men and women.
The Games spotlight the sacrifices participants made while serving their country and highlights their determination to overcome personal restrictions to continue to lead lives of excellence.
The next Games will be held in The Hague, the Netherlands, from 9-16 May 2020. Nominations are being sought from people who think they have what it takes to represent the NZDF in this unforgettable sporting event.
Events will include:
- wheelchair basketball
- indoor rowing
- wheelchair rugby
- swimming, and
- seated volleyball.
A selection camp for potential competitors will be held at Burnham Military Camp from 14-17 June 2019. This will be followed by an additional three training camps throughout the lead up to the games.
You have had a life-changing event—through injury or illness, mental or physical—while serving in uniform within NZDF, either domestically or operationally, which:
- occurred during NZDF service
- was caused by NZDF service or related to it
- was aggravated by NZDF service
Ultimately the decision of eligibility to be considered for the Invictus Games lies with the Invictus Governance Board.
In addition you must be able to:
- travel long-haul internationally—independently or with minor assistance—in economy class (exceptions may be considered)
- Participate in multiple sporting events
- self-manage own medications
- attend camps and travel internationally without it interfering with any future surgical or medical interventions
- obtain unit approval (for current serving/NZDF civilians)
- obtain employer approval.
How to register your interest
To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org. A nomination pack will be forwarded to you in due course.
Applications close 1 May 2019.
You can also contact email@example.com for all general, sporting, media or medical enquires.