Home Modification—Social Rehabilitation
This can be used to modify your home to better suit your needs because of a condition related to your Qualifying Service.
You may be able to get this if:
- you have Qualifying Service, and
- your condition is related to your Qualifying Service
You may also be able to get this support for a non-service-related condition if:
- it stops you working full time, and
- you get Weekly Income Compensation.
We'll give you advice and possibly financial support to structurally modify your home. What you get will depend on your circumstances.
You'll be assessed for this under Social Rehabilitation while applying for impairment.
You may still apply for it if you don't have Social Rehabilitation. You'll need to:
- complete the Apply for Treatment and Rehabilitation application form
- send the application form and any supporting information to us.
After you apply we'll:
- contact you to confirm we've received your application
- start the decision-making process
- keep you informed on the status of your application.
If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.
Contact us for more information
We strive to be transparent. If you want to know how this entitlement is administered you can read the policy.