We work alongside other government agencies and veterans’ groups to:
- support those with Qualifying Service — as well as their family and whānau
- celebrate their courage, comradeship, and commitment
- commemorate their loss and sacrifice.
We do this by:
- providing support to those with Qualifying Service, their family and whānau, so they can be well at home, at work, and in their communities
- helping coordinate commemorative activities
- maintaining over 180 Service Cemeteries throughout NZ
- working with other organisation that also support and advocate for veterans.
Our clients are diverse
Our clients range from 19 to more than 100 years old. They include retired people, those in civilian life, current service members, and their families. There are over 31,000 New Zealanders who could be eligible for support, services, and entitlements from us.