If you get a Veteran's Pension
If you get a Veteran’s Pension you'll automatically be sent a Veteran SuperGold Card.
If you don't get a Veteran's Pension
If you're not eligible for a Veteran's Pension you can change your SuperGold Card to a Veteran SuperGold Card if you:
- are over 65, and
- have Qualifying Operational Service.
Qualifying Operational Service explained
To change your card you'll need to call the Ministry of Social Development on 0800 25 45 65 (from within NZ only).
You'll need to give them:
- your SuperGold Card client number — this is on the back of your card
- the name you used while you were in the Armed Forces if this is different from your current name
- your New Zealand Armed Forces service number
- the branch of the New Zealand Armed Forces you served in
- the Qualifying Operational Service you took part in, including information such as your dates of deployment, location(s) and unit.
The Ministry of Social Development will confirm this information with us before they issue your Veteran SuperGold Card.