The latest Veterans' Pension rate
Veteran's Pension is a payment every two weeks similar to NZ Superannuation but with some additional benefits.
Veteran's Pension is administered and paid by the Ministry of Social Development — not by Veterans' Affairs.
Learn more about the Veteran's Pension
The payment rates for the Veteran's Pension change every year. The Notice of Authority serves as the official notice of the payment rate change.
Notice of Authority
This Notice is issued under section 170 of the Veterans' Support Act 2014 and Regulation 42 of the Veterans' Support Regulations 2014. It comes into force on and from 1 April 2021.
- The single living alone rate is $506.64 per week.
- The single sharing accommodation rate is $466.03 per week.
- The relationship rate is $384.46 per week.
- The relationship (partner not receiving superannuation or pension) rate is $728.64 per week.
- The relationship (partner not receiving superannuation or pension) legacy rate is $768.92 per week.
Issued by Veterans' Affairs New Zealand.