Skip to main content

​Financial Advice

You may be able to get financial advice funded by us if you received a lump sum payment greater than NZD$15,000 from certain entitlements.

{{ controlText }}

Who can get this

You may be able to get this if you have received a lump sum payment above NZD$15,000 from:

  • Lump Sum for Permanent Impairment Compensation, or
  • Weekly Compensation for Families.

Lump Sum for Permanent Impairment Compensation

Weekly Compensation for Families

What you can get

We'll contribute up to $1,500 for financial advice to support you to invest and use your lump sum effectively.

How to apply
  1. Complete the Application for financial advice form.
  2. Send the application form and any supporting information to us — if you want to be reimbursed for financial advice you have already received, you'll need to include receipts.

Download the Application for financial advice form [PDF, 504 KB]

You must apply within six months of getting your lump sum payment from us.

What happens next

After you apply we'll:

  1. contact you to confirm we've received your application
  2. start the decision-making process
  3. keep you informed on the status of your application.

If we need more information, we'll get in touch with you.

How we make decisions