Veterans' Entitlement Appeal Board members
Members of the Veterans' Entitlement Appeal Board are appointed by the Minister of Veterans' Affairs.
Raewyn Anderson, Chairperson
- Served on the Board since its inception.
- Barrister with over 25 years’ experience. Her practice has included civil, family and resource management litigation, adjudication, mediation, facilitation and conciliation.
- Worked as a privacy officer and complaints investigator within a dispute resolution organisation.
- Chair of the Advertising Standards Complaints Board. The Board decides consumer complaints about the content and placement of advertisements and adjudicates competitor complaints between some of New Zealand’s largest companies.
- Adjudicates and conciliates accident compensation and family disputes for Fairway Resolution Ltd.
Dr Tristram Ingham
- Research Associate Professor, University of Otago, Wellington.
- Barrister sole representing public and private sector clients nationwide in a broad range of public, civil and criminal matters.
- Previously served in the Royal New Zealand Navy for 25 years, initially as a supply officer then as a legal officer. Recently reappointed as a Commander in the Royal New Zealand Navy Reserve.
- Roles within the New Zealand Defence Force included being Military Justice Review Project Officer and the Chief Legal Advisor for the Headquarters Joint Forces New Zealand.
Dr Christopher Holdaway, RNZRSA nominee
- Head of Surgical Division, and Vascular Surgeon Consultant with Vascular Unit in Waikato Hospital
- 30 years' association with NZ Army. Mostly as Territorial Force/Army Reserve Medical Officer with short periods in Regular Forces
- deployments to Bosnia and 2 tours in Timor Leste. Was appointed as the first Civilian Surgeon on standby for urgent deployment with Forward Surgical Team from 1993–96
- Director of Tristram Vascular at Ultrasound Ltd; member of Waikato DHB Senior Leadership Group
- Director of Braemar Charitable Hospital for 10 years. Now retired.