What a needs assessment involves
Your needs assessment will be done by your case manager. It will take around 15 to 30 minutes.
1. We'll prepare
Your case manager will prepare for the assessment by reviewing your files and medical reports.
2. We'll call you
Your case manager will contact you by phone. They'll:
- explain the needs assessment process
- explain your rights and responsibilities
- ask if you're free to do the needs assessment now
- ask if you have whānau members or another non-professional support person helping you—we'll talk to them to see if they have needs that relate to the support they give you.
3. We'll complete the assessment
Your case manager will complete the assessment. If you have asked for it to be done later, they'll call you back at the agreed time. In some cases, they may also need additional information from a health professional.
After the assessment, your case manager will work with you to figure out what will best meet your needs.