Conditions we cover
There are a number of ways that we can connect conditions to your Qualifying Service.
On this pageHow we determine if you have a service-related condition Your condition may already be accepted as service-related
How we determine if you have a service-related condition
There are a number of ways we can connect a condition to your Qualifying Service.
We first consider if you have:
- an already accepted paired organ impairment
- a conclusively presumed condition from a qualifying operation
- a service-related presumption for an injury or illness
Otherwise, we use the Statements of Principles.
Sometimes none of these will apply to your situation. This might be because there is no Statement of Principle in force for your condition. When this is the case we consider if the claim is:
- more than a possibility
- consistent with the known facts, and
- proven by medical knowledge.
You may be able to get support for a non-service-related condition if:
- you get Weekly Income Compensation, and
- it stops you working full time.
Your condition may already be accepted as service-related
Your condition will already be accepted as service-related if you have it recognised by: