Treatment we fund
We're able to fund treatment for conditions related to your Qualifying Service. The type of treatment we are able to fund depends on your unique circumstances.
We take into account:
- the nature and severity of your condition
- what the generally accepted way of treating the condition is within NZ
- if there are other organisations within NZ that can provide funding—such as ACC or a District Health Board
- the potential harm if the treatment is delayed
- if the treatment is appropriate and to the quality required to treat the condition
- whether the treatment will need ongoing sessions, and
- whether the treatment provider is properly qualified and experienced.