Raise a concern
If you find our service falls short of these standards, tell the staff member concerned or their manager. They have to:
- work with you to address your concern, and
- let you know how they have addressed it.
Make a complaint under the Code
If talking to a staff member doesn’t resolve your concern, you can lodge a complaint under the Code.
Our complaints service will look into your concern and decide whether we breached the Code.
Use the Complaints Form to lodge your complaint.
Complaints Form [PDF, 220 KB]
Get a review under the Code
If you’re not happy with our decision, you can seek a review under the Code. You must:
- use our form for review under the Code, and
- get it to us within 3 months of the complaint decision, unless the delay was beyond your control.
An independent review officer—appointed by Chief of Defence Force—will:
- review your complaint, and
- issue a decision within 30 days of us getting your application.
If we uphold your complaint
If your complaint is upheld at complaint or review stage, we may be told to do a combination of these:
- apologise to you
- explain to you what happened
- send you more information
- meet with you
- give you access to an interpreter
- give you access to your file
- help you get answers to any further questions or requests
- do other things to resolve the issue.
We’ll also make sure that our staff learn from your complaint.