Applications open for 2018 research funding
The Veterans’ Health Advisory Panel (the Panel) is seeking applications from New Zealand-based researchers (individuals or teams) interested in undertaking research projects or a programme relating to the inter-generational health impacts of service in Viet Nam for New Zealand veterans.
The Panel’s Guiding Principles for Investment (Guiding Principles) expect proposals that demonstrate the research goals of:
- recognising a broad holistic view of health
- having impact in terms of policy and practice outcomes
- being relevant to New Zealand veterans, including Māori
- where appropriate, aiming for collaborative partnerships and co-design.
While the full Guiding Principles specify that research should focus on contemporary veterans, in this specific call for research proposals the Panel is instead looking for a focus on Viet Nam veterans. However, applicants may demonstrate links to impacts on contemporary veterans in research proposals to further strengthen the likely impact of the research.
A two stage application process is being used.
Completion of the funding round process, from the public call for applications to contract signing, could take approximately six months. The deadline for Stage 1 inquiry proposals is noon, Thursday, 11 October 2018.
The research application pack includes information on:
- the type of research we are seeking
- the funding available
- our two stage application process, including the Stage One inquiry proposal format (and template application form)
- the Panel, and our role in funding research
- our Guiding Principles for Investment
- veterans, and the support provided by Veterans’ Affairs
- Panel contact details and where to send inquiry proposals.